Since 2012, we have led the effort to develop machines, tools and techniques to clean ponds and lakes free from floating aquatic weeds including duckweed, azolla, watermeal and water hyacinth (small areas).
With our method we are able to effectively clean ponds and lakes with little or no use of aquatic herbicides. We are able in some circumstances to clean more than 99% of the weeds in an small amount of time, and providing very fast results. . The advantages of this method versus just herbicides is we remove nutrients stored in the plants we harvest. If you kill all the weeds they will sink and those nutrients will be recycled by more of the same weeds, other weeds or algae.
If we have to use herbicides after the harvest we will use a small amount with your consent to ensure that the lake or pond is algae and weed free.
What We have Achieved Using our method and techniques
- Immediate aesthetic results.
- Harvesting the biomass will reduce the amount of nutrients in the water body.
- Reduction or elimination in the amount of herbicide used.
- Non-significant impact for wildlife or pets.
- Low cost
- Byproduct is usually rich in nitrogen, phosphorus and trace elements and is excellent for composting or green fertilization.
We have had success harvesting other aquatic weeds like water hyacinth, cattails, parrotfeather, waterprimrose, pennyworth, algae and more, anything that after being pulled or cut can float and put in the conveyor.